HRH The Prince of Wales introduces the Conference, April 2 – 4
Green Arabia Conference, Official SCTA Promotional Video
Hosted by the University of Oxford and the Palaeodeserts Project, Green Arabia 2014 will see scholars and students from around the world gather for 3 days of presentations and discussions covering the latest multidisciplinary research on the prehistory of the Arabian Peninsula and its role at the cross-roads of continents.
Climate change has played a pivotal role in the demographic history of human populations
across the world. However, earth scientists, archaeologists and geneticists are increasingly
finding that the relationship between environmental change and human history is both
variable and complex. This exciting interdisciplinary conference will address what we know
about human dispersal, adaptation and the role of climate change through four key themes.
• Climate Change and Demography
• Behavioural Responses to Environmental Change
• Recording the Past: New Models, Methods and Discoveries
• Bridges, Barriers and Habitats: Arabia and Beyond
Latest Conference News:
The full programme including abstracts is now available!
We are pleased to announce the release of the Green Arabia conference programme:
- We will now be posting from the following page - please click the link and continue to follow!... http://t.co/vO3cWOQh89,
- Finally, thank you to HRH the Prince of Wales for his support and this message:... http://t.co/h47LvXqNbQ,
- Making this incredible event happen involved the tireless effort of an incredible team of people. We the... http://t.co/sGNn9E4e2s,
- Green Arabia 2014 has finally come to a close, with an excellent and stimulating mix of papers and discussions.... http://t.co/mqUpnoHDzI,
- End of day 1 discussion - Shea, Mellars, Groucutt, Hilbert, Smith, Barton, Wadley and Blinkhorn: host Chris Stringer. http://t.co/Mjx8aa0lkE,