HRH The Prince of Wales introduces the Conference, April 2 – 4
Green Arabia Conference, Official SCTA Promotional Video
Hosted by the University of Oxford and the Palaeodeserts Project, Green Arabia 2014 will see scholars and students from around the world gather for 3 days of presentations and discussions covering the latest multidisciplinary research on the prehistory of the Arabian Peninsula and its role at the cross-roads of continents.
Climate change has played a pivotal role in the demographic history of human populations
across the world. However, earth scientists, archaeologists and geneticists are increasingly
finding that the relationship between environmental change and human history is both
variable and complex. This exciting interdisciplinary conference will address what we know
about human dispersal, adaptation and the role of climate change through four key themes.
• Climate Change and Demography
• Behavioural Responses to Environmental Change
• Recording the Past: New Models, Methods and Discoveries
• Bridges, Barriers and Habitats: Arabia and Beyond
Latest Conference News:
The full programme including abstracts is now available!
We are pleased to announce the release of the Green Arabia conference programme:
- An interesting new paper in Current Biology: https://t.co/b5JpdDAj1S Evidence for a northwards expansion out of Arabia at 55 ka?...,
- Participation of Saudi students in Palaeodeserts fieldwork: https://t.co/a8aSNf4GFL,
- RT @TheBFSA: @ashparton of @GreenArabia1 has the Last Word of the 2015 @TheBFSA Bulletin #palaeodeserts #Arabia http://t.co/HFqaFewxxv,
- We will now be posting from the following page - please click the link and continue to follow!... http://t.co/vO3cWOQh89,
- Finally, thank you to HRH the Prince of Wales for his support and this message:... http://t.co/h47LvXqNbQ,